The application has 4 basic sections:
- Contact information
- Essay Questions
To prepare the answers to the essay questions in advance, they are listed below.
Once you have paid your application fee and created an online account, you can go back in and edit your responses at any time up until the application deadline (midnight March 1st or September 1st). At that point your application will be printed out for review.
Please DO NOT send us word documents via email with your essay question answers. If you are having technical difficulties with the online application, call our office at 802-496-5545 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. *Please note that the character limits DO include spaces.
1) Select session(s) you are applying for
2) Participant information
- First name
- Last name
- Home/cell phone
3) Essay Questions
- How did you hear about the Yestermorrow internship program (250 characters max)
- Do you intend to receive college or IDP credit for the internship (y/n)
- Why are you interested in an internship at Yestermorrow? (1000 characters max)
- What skills or experience would you be able to offer Yestermorrow as an intern? (1000 characters max)
- What experience have you had that will help to prepare you for being in a rural, close-knit community, where everyone is working as a team and living in close quarters? (1000 characters max)
- Please state three interesting things about yourself. (1000 characters max)
- What's one thing you’ve learned in the last year and how did you came to learn it? (1000 characters max)
- Are there specific courses you’d hope to take during your internship? (1000 characters max)
- How do you see your Yestermorrow experience contributing to your future career and/or personal goals? (1000 characters max)
- Current Employment or School (250 characters max)
- Education (1000 characters max)
- Employment History (10,000 characters max)
- Awards or Honors (1000 characters max)
- Professional Skills (1000 characters max)
In addition to your application, you are required to submit contact information for three references. Two should be professional, work-related references, and the third should be a personal reference who has known you for more than two years. For each reference please include name, phone, email, and relationship in which they know you.
There is a $25 Application Fee to help offset the cost of processing the applications.
Start your online application.
Once you have created your online application, you can log in at any time up until the application deadline. When you log in, go to "View/Edit Forms" and select the form "Internship Application". You are not required to fill out any of the other forms.
We encourage all applicants to visit the School if possible when applying. We want you to have a good understanding of the School and the living situation. However, it is not required and we understand that our applicants come from all around the world. We do not expect applicants to fly across the country just so they can say they visited. But if you're nearby or passing through Vermont, we'd love to show you around.
We welcome applicants who want to come and volunteer for a day or take a class. It's a great way to get a taste of what the internship is like for a day or two, and also helps us get to know you and your interests. Our preferred times for tours are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 1:30 to 3:30. Please call 802-496-5545 or email email@example.com to set up a campus visit.
We receive applications from many qualified people, so please be aware that acceptance to the program is highly competitive. We ask that you take the time to think about your responses to our questions, and provide sincere and candid answers that will enable us to understand why you are interested in the Internship Program and what qualities you feel you can contribute to our organization. It is essential that you have read the applicant information carefully to develop a clear expectation of what this experience entails. Volunteering at Yestermorrow is a rewarding experience that can provide knowledge that will be useful for a lifetime, and a tremendous satisfaction comes from acquiring new skills andworking with others to achieve common goals.
Upon completion of your application you will receive an email confirmation. After the deadline has passed we will review your application, and contact you if you are selected for an interview. If you are accepted to the Yestermorrow Internship Program, we will send you a packet of information containing a Confirmation and Release form, and Intern Handbook. If we are not able to accept you, we will notify you via email.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Executive Director Kate Stephenson at firstname.lastname@example.org.