Come to the Tiny House Fair to learn about and celebrate tiny houses! Join leaders of the tiny house movement, including Jay Shafer, founder of Tumbleweed Tiny House Company and Derek (Deek) Diedricksen of Relaxshacks.
Whether you've just begun to explore tiny houses or already live in one, there are presentations you'll enjoy:
- how to design and build a tiny house
- clever cabinetry and finish carpentry
- design and construction for specific climates
- finding and building with recycled materials
- solar power
- composting toilets
- the tiny house movement
- creating a community
Cost: $300 General Registration, includes all workshops, presentations, and meals.
Dates: The fair starts Friday evening 6/14/2013 with dinner and a speaker, and ends Sunday afternoon 6/16/2013.
Workshop Schedule: See http://tinyhousecommunity.com/fair.htm for a full schedule of workshops and presenters.
Meals: The registration package includes Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast lunch and dinner, and Sunday breakfast and lunch. We walk the talk of sustainability by purchasing local, organic, nutritious, and wholesome ingredients. The meal plan includes vegetarian options at every meal.
- Cabins (limited availability) $50 for two nights. Our rustic cabins are outfitted with sleeping cots, a table, and chairs. The accommodations are simple- no insulation, heat, electricity or plumbing. Come prepared for the weather and bring your own pillow, sleeping bag and flashlight. In the cabin area, you'll find a composting toilet and a solar shower. Inside our main building, we also have bathrooms with hot showers, coin-operated washers and dryers, and wi-fi. 1-3 students per cabin.
- Camping - $20 for two nights. If you have a tent, we have a space for it on one of our tent platforms or campsites in the woods. You'll need to bring your own tent, ground tarp, pillow, sleeping bag, flashlight, etc. In the camping area, you'll find a composting toilet and a solar shower. Inside our main building, we have bathrooms with hot showers, coin-operated washers and dryers, and wi-fi.
- Off Campus Lodging: Many options, including hostel, bed and breakfasts, hotels: details.
- Special Offer: FREE lodging if you bring your own tiny house or camper (no hook up facilities for electricity, water or septic, but we have lots of parking space available).
Register Online or call us at 802-496-5545 to secure your spot at the fair. We are limited to 100 participants.
Registration for this program is non-refundable. In the event of cancellation at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date we will hold your payment as a credit that can be used towards other courses at Yestermorrow. If you cancel less than 2 weeks before the start date, all payments will be forfeited. Yestermorrow reserves the right to cancel programs due to inadequate enrollment and other circumstances beyond our control. In the case of event cancellation, we will fully refund all payments.