Strategic Plan FY 2012-2015
After 32 years of development as an institution, Yestermorrow is poised for the next period of its growth. This is not just a growth in numbers or budgets, but in the depth and impact of its programs and offerings.
This strategic business plan describes the goals and strategies to guide the next three years for Yestermorrow.
Over this period the major organizational initiatives include:
- Developing Yestermorrow’s presence and influence as a thought leader in the field of design education: creating a center for innovation, defining the cutting-edge, and using our students and faculty as resources to relay what’s learned at Yestermorrow to the greater public.
- Building strategic alliances with partner organizations and institutions to introduce more people to Yestermorrow’s work and to develop long term relationships with community clients.
- Maximizing efficiency in operations and improving the infrastructure and presentation of the Yestermorrow campus, while planning for future campus expansion.
- Pursuing new markets for recruiting students with a focus on lead acquisition and customer relationship management.
- Achieving financial sustainability for the long term health of the organization.
- Exploring opportunities to generate new streams of revenue.
Programmatic initiatives include:
- Growing our longer semester and certificate programs by introducing new offerings.
- Developing new programs targeted towards professional development and continuing education in partnership with other organizations.
- Exploring the feasibility of summer programs for high school and gap year students.
- Designing curriculum to integrate students into the build out of the campus over time.
Financial sustainability initiatives include:
- Introducing a 10% tuition and fees increase in FY14 and 5% increase in FY16.
- Setting a goal of 5% annual increases in enrollment in workshops and certificates.
- Implementing efficiency measures to hold growth in general operating expenses to 3% per year for the next 3 years.
- Increasing the goal for Annual Operating fundraising to $200,000/year over three years.